- Wiring Electric forklift chargers into our mains. Can you do this?
- How quickly are handpallet trucks despatched?
- Reach truck or 3 wheel counterbalance: which high-lift forklift?
- Fork extensions for my lift truck: what should I be aware of?
- Would you repair / overhaul our own lift trucks at your workshops?
- Electric v Diesel or LPG / Gas? What Power should I choose for my Forklift?
- What is a cosmetic refurbishment?
- What are the different 'types' of forklift truck?
- What are the different sorts of forklift truck mast available?
- What does Full Free Lift mean?
- What is a sideshift?
- What are forklift truck 'load centres?'
- What does 'de-rating' mean, and how do I calculate it?
- What are the different types of forklift truck tyre available?
- Can you fit attachments to our forklift truck?
- What is a LOLER or Thorough Examination?
- Where does the name 'Bendigo Mitchell' come from?
- What wear is permissible on forks, and how is it measured?
- My forklift battery is no longer holding its charge, what should I do?
- Can you fit a camera to our forklift truck to assist with high lifts?
- Can you fit a weighing scale to our forklift truck?
- What does 'Container Spec' mean?
- Forklift truck acronyms & abbreviations
- Are you members of the FLTA (Fork Lift Truck Association)?
- Where is Bendigo Mitchell based?
- Who was Brian Nealon?
- What forklift truck do I need?
- What is a forklift truck hydraulic accumulator?
- What is Kion Baoli's background?
- Can you operate a forklift truck on grass tyres?
- Do you offer fork lift driver training?
- What do you know about internet forklift truck companies?
- Which postcodes are near Bendigo Mitchell?
- Do You Sell Hand Pallet Trucks?
- Do you sell forklift truck gas?
- Should I buy or hire my fork lift truck
- What Should I Do If My Forklift Breaks Down?
What is a LOLER or Thorough Examination?
The LOLER or Thorough Examination is now an annual mandatory requirement under the Health & Safety legislation.
LOLER stands for Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations.
Simply put, a Thorough Examination or LOLER is a bit like a car's MOT.
Both a Thorough Examination and an MOT are means of certifying that, at the time of testing, all components which have a bearing on safety have been formally inspected and assessed as being in a safe condition.
Just as a car's MOT and 10,000 mile service are two different things, so Thorough Examination is distinctly separate from a truck's regular maintenance programme (even though in both cars and trucks some of the same items are included in both regimes). It is not part of maintenance - it is an examination embedded in legislation. As a result, Thorough Examinations would not normally be included in a maintenance agreement, unless specifically requested.
Bendigo Mitchell were one of the first companies to be accredited to carry out Thorough Examinations with our Thorough Examination procedure meeting the requirements of both LOLER 98 and PUWER 98 legislation.
Ensure you comply with the law by getting in touch to Thoroughly Examine all your trucks and issue you with necessary certificates.
view our trucks for hire