- Wiring Electric forklift chargers into our mains. Can you do this?
- How quickly are handpallet trucks despatched?
- Reach truck or 3 wheel counterbalance: which high-lift forklift?
- Fork extensions for my lift truck: what should I be aware of?
- Would you repair / overhaul our own lift trucks at your workshops?
- Electric v Diesel or LPG / Gas? What Power should I choose for my Forklift?
- What is a cosmetic refurbishment?
- What are the different 'types' of forklift truck?
- What are the different sorts of forklift truck mast available?
- What does Full Free Lift mean?
- What is a sideshift?
- What are forklift truck 'load centres?'
- What does 'de-rating' mean, and how do I calculate it?
- What are the different types of forklift truck tyre available?
- Can you fit attachments to our forklift truck?
- What is a LOLER or Thorough Examination?
- Where does the name 'Bendigo Mitchell' come from?
- What wear is permissible on forks, and how is it measured?
- My forklift battery is no longer holding its charge, what should I do?
- Can you fit a camera to our forklift truck to assist with high lifts?
- Can you fit a weighing scale to our forklift truck?
- What does 'Container Spec' mean?
- Forklift truck acronyms & abbreviations
- Are you members of the FLTA (Fork Lift Truck Association)?
- Where is Bendigo Mitchell based?
- Who was Brian Nealon?
- What forklift truck do I need?
- What is a forklift truck hydraulic accumulator?
- What is Kion Baoli's background?
- Can you operate a forklift truck on grass tyres?
- Do you offer fork lift driver training?
- What do you know about internet forklift truck companies?
- Which postcodes are near Bendigo Mitchell?
- Do You Sell Hand Pallet Trucks?
Can you fit a camera to our forklift truck to assist with high lifts?
Yes. This is something that we regularly do for many of our customers.
Camera systems can be invaluable systems within your forklift truck and can be fitted to any type of forklift truck, including reach and counterbalance models.
If lifting to high levels, a fork positioning camera is perfect to enable the operator to accurately pick up loads. This can greatly increase productivity, while also reduce fork wear and any minor pallet damage.
Similarly, rear view cameras are excellent means of providing the operator with a more complete view, therefore greatly improving safety.
Forklift truck CCTV systems are available in either wired or wireless formats. There are pros and cons to each:
Wired Forklift Truck CCTV Camera Systems
Wired forklift truck CCTV camera systems typically provide the best picture due to the direct signal received through the wires. They are also ideal for use in any environments where other wireless networks may interfere.
The main drawback to wired systems is the wear put on the wires due to the 'travel' within the mast, on any fork-operated camera. This can cause the wires to fray, and connections to work loose, and ultimately, reception to become poor. As long as camera (and wire) maintenance is included in standard servicing and maintenance however, this should not be a major problem.
Wireless Forklift Truck CCTV Camera Systems
The key benefit of wireless forklift truck CCTV camera systems, unsurprisingly, is the lack of any wires. The lack of wires means there is little to either fray or work loose.
The drawback of the lack of wires is potential interference with the wireless signal. Other devices such as wireless internet routers, mobile phones, internal 'walkie-talkies' and other truck systems may make it difficult to find a free 'channel' on which to transmit the signal in order to produce a clear picture in the cabin.
Our skilled technicians have huge experience in fitting both wired and wireless systems and are ideally placed to recommend which is best suited to your business environment.
Click here to get in touch and discuss what suits you best.view our trucks for hire