- Wiring Electric forklift chargers into our mains. Can you do this?
- How quickly are handpallet trucks despatched?
- Reach truck or 3 wheel counterbalance: which high-lift forklift?
- Fork extensions for my lift truck: what should I be aware of?
- Would you repair / overhaul our own lift trucks at your workshops?
- Electric v Diesel or LPG / Gas? What Power should I choose for my Forklift?
- What is a cosmetic refurbishment?
- What are the different 'types' of forklift truck?
- What are the different sorts of forklift truck mast available?
- What does Full Free Lift mean?
- What is a sideshift?
- What are forklift truck 'load centres?'
- What does 'de-rating' mean, and how do I calculate it?
- What are the different types of forklift truck tyre available?
- Can you fit attachments to our forklift truck?
- What is a LOLER or Thorough Examination?
- Where does the name 'Bendigo Mitchell' come from?
- What wear is permissible on forks, and how is it measured?
- My forklift battery is no longer holding its charge, what should I do?
- Can you fit a camera to our forklift truck to assist with high lifts?
- Can you fit a weighing scale to our forklift truck?
- What does 'Container Spec' mean?
- Forklift truck acronyms & abbreviations
- Are you members of the FLTA (Fork Lift Truck Association)?
- Where is Bendigo Mitchell based?
- Who was Brian Nealon?
- What forklift truck do I need?
- What is a forklift truck hydraulic accumulator?
- What is Kion Baoli's background?
- Can you operate a forklift truck on grass tyres?
- Do you offer fork lift driver training?
- What do you know about internet forklift truck companies?
- Which postcodes are near Bendigo Mitchell?
- Do You Sell Hand Pallet Trucks?
- Do you sell forklift truck gas?
- Should I buy or hire my fork lift truck
- What Should I Do If My Forklift Breaks Down?
My forklift battery is no longer holding its charge, what should I do?
Forklift batteries, like all rechargable batteries, have a finite lifespan. The length of this lifespan depends very much on the usage application, and as such there is no real 'rule of thumb.' The amount of use, the frequency of use, and the way in which the battery has been charged will all impact on the lifespan of a forklift truck battery.
Often, however, we receive calls from people who are worried that their entire battery is in need of replacement, anticipating spending thousands of pounds on a replacement. Sometimes this is the case, however frequently, our skilled technicians are able to provide a far more cost effective solution.
If your forklift battery is no longer holding charge, get in touch with Bendigo Mitchell and we will provide you with a full breakdown of your options. In summary however, potential options include:
- Individual cell replacement
- Cell linkage replacement
- New battery
- Service exchange battery
- Charger check
- Battery regeneration
Battery regeneration is a state of the art process involving advanced technology that extends the life of lead acid traction batteries. Failure of batteries is due to build-up of sludge caused through the process of recharging which, over a period of years, results in a build up to the electrode surfaces.
By using innovative products Bendigo Mitchell's technicians can reduce the volume of sludge by up to three quarters, thereby substantially extending the useful life of the battery. The products do not interfere with active particles but restrict the creation of sulphation.
This process requires batteries to be brought into our workshops for the regeneration process to be carried out however hire trucks are available at discounted rates to cover any downtime.
New & Service Exchange Batteries
Sometimes, even we can't regenerate a battery. In these situations we are always able to provide a competitive option on either a new or service exchange battery. Because we regularly source batteries for our customers, other forklift companies, and our own hire fleet, we are able to secure the most competitive prices that we pass onto our customers.
Click here to get in touch and find out about options available to you.view our trucks for hire