- Wiring Electric forklift chargers into our mains. Can you do this?
- How quickly are handpallet trucks despatched?
- Reach truck or 3 wheel counterbalance: which high-lift forklift?
- Fork extensions for my lift truck: what should I be aware of?
- Would you repair / overhaul our own lift trucks at your workshops?
- Electric v Diesel or LPG / Gas? What Power should I choose for my Forklift?
- What is a cosmetic refurbishment?
- What are the different 'types' of forklift truck?
- What are the different sorts of forklift truck mast available?
- What does Full Free Lift mean?
- What is a sideshift?
- What are forklift truck 'load centres?'
- What does 'de-rating' mean, and how do I calculate it?
- What are the different types of forklift truck tyre available?
- Can you fit attachments to our forklift truck?
- What is a LOLER or Thorough Examination?
- Where does the name 'Bendigo Mitchell' come from?
- What wear is permissible on forks, and how is it measured?
- My forklift battery is no longer holding its charge, what should I do?
- Can you fit a camera to our forklift truck to assist with high lifts?
- Can you fit a weighing scale to our forklift truck?
- What does 'Container Spec' mean?
- Forklift truck acronyms & abbreviations
- Are you members of the FLTA (Fork Lift Truck Association)?
- Where is Bendigo Mitchell based?
- Who was Brian Nealon?
- What forklift truck do I need?
- What is a forklift truck hydraulic accumulator?
- What is Kion Baoli's background?
- Can you operate a forklift truck on grass tyres?
- Do you offer fork lift driver training?
- What do you know about internet forklift truck companies?
- Which postcodes are near Bendigo Mitchell?
- Do You Sell Hand Pallet Trucks?
- Do you sell forklift truck gas?
- Should I buy or hire my fork lift truck
- What Should I Do If My Forklift Breaks Down?
Where does the name 'Bendigo Mitchell' come from?
We are regularly asked where the name 'Bendigo Mitchell' comes from, so thought we would add this into our knowledge base!
Bendigo Mitchell was founded as a business in 1978 by Brian Nealon and Tony Barr. Being limelight shy, neither Brian nor Tony wanted to incorporate their name into the business name and set about exploring other options.
The original location for the business was set to be on the Fosse Way in Warwickshire, a few hundred metres from the 'Bendigo Mitchell crossroads.' Fate transpired to ensure the company could not be located here due to planning regulations, however both Brian and Tony liked the name, and it was therefore chosen to be the name of their then fledgling business.
Over thirty years on, and we're all proud of the name, and more importantly, what it has come to represent.view our trucks for hire